Chisum on patents [electronic resource] : Volume 3a / Donald S Chisum
- Chisum, Donald S.
- Cleveland : LexisNexis, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Every legal detail you need to secure and protect a patent claim. Donald S. Chisum's 57-volume masterwork gives you authoritative analysis of all issues pertaining to patent law, including doctrines, rules and case law relating to patentability, validity and infringement. Whether you're applying for a patent, appealing a patent application denial or litigating patent infringement, Chisum on Patents puts authority on your side. Chisum on Patents is also the most cited treatise in patent law today - cited more than 1000 times by the U.S. federal courts and twice as much as the nearest competitor since it was released in October 1978. Chisum on Patents now includes analysis of the America Invents Act of 2011 and provides cross-references to related sections/chapters within the treaty for quick and easy research. One-stop research saves you time and money and gives you the information you need to answer questions on every topic in patent law: What constitutes a patentable invention Fundamental requirements of patentability — originality, novelty, utility and non-obviousness Perfecting rights to a patentable invention Rules regarding disclosure and submitting claims Double patenting Rules in priority of invention Patent application process — from filing through examination and appeals Restriction requirements and divisional applications Continuation applications Requirements for obtaining the benefit of a prior patent filing in a foreign country Applications for reissue Substantive aspects of infringement Chisum on Patents also helps you draft patent claims quickly and confidently, and saves you time with over 300 pages of guidance on how best to draft patent claims — including a detailed explanation of patent claim interpretation. Updated five times a year, no other treatise on patent law keeps you as current. Chisum on Patents provides clarifying analysis of the most important recent decisions and how they may affect your claims, with abstracts of all published decisions of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in a topically arranged outline. "For over 25 years, I have relied on Prof. Chisum's treatise as THE essential tool for answering every conceivable patent law question. I have been repeatedly amazed by both the range and the depth of the subject matter contained in his work. No matter how arcane the patent law question, Prof. Chisum provides the answer. Frankly, could not do my job without the benefit of his books, both the main volumes and his amazing Federal Circuit Guide." — Jill D. Singer, Hovey Williams, LLP Also available in CD-ROM and online (Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included.)
- 9780327173175 (electronic bk)
- Title from eBook information screen..
- Technical Details:
- Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1385 KB).
View MARC record | catkey: 36211352