Powell on real property [electronic resource] : Volume 13 / Michael Allan Wolf
- Wolf, Michael Allan
- Cleveland : LexisNexis, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Cited More Than Any Other Treatise on Real Property Law. Cited by The U.S. Supreme Court in 2006, 2004, 2003, and 2002. Powell on Real Property® is the definitive real property treatise you've been looking for. Includes The Supreme Court Update, an annual review of Supreme Court cases affecting real property interests written by General Editor Michael Allan Wolf. A Treatise for the Twenty-First Century, Updated 4 Times a Year. Each update to the treatise contains expert analysis and includes Powell in the Courts, a quarterly analysis of recent case law citing Powell written by General Editor Michael Allan Wolf. Powell Now Contains New Analysis of Complex Property Issues Related to Rails-to-Trails. Some of the most contested property disputes of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries have concerned the conversion of railroad corridors to public uses such as recreational trails. Such disputes are the subject of new Chapter 78A, Rails-to-Trails: Conversion of Railroad Corridors to Recreational Trails , written by Professor Danaya C. Wright . Green Buildings. Why do real estate attorneys need to know about them? Powell General Editor Michael Allan Wolf explains in new Chapter 78B, Green Buildings, as he explores the green building phenomenon--the forces coming together to integrate building design and construction practices furthering energy efficiency, resource conservation, and the protection of the environment. Authoritative Coverage. The work on all aspects of real property law that the courts look to and cite. Powell's authoritative, national coverage includes unmatched in-depth analysis of the pertinent case law, statutes, and regulations. Its over 130 chapters and several practice guides cover the gamut of real estate issues with clear explanations of the current law. Examples of topics include Americans with Disabilities Act: public accommodations and commercial facilities effect of bankruptcy law on real property transactions and interests condominiums, cooperatives, homeowner associations, and timesharing conveyancing deeds, recording acts, and title insurance easements, licenses and restrictive covenants eminent domain landlord and tenant law land use planning and regulation mortgages, liens and foreclosures tax aspects of real estate transactions and investments effect of telecommunications laws on real property interests property disputes related to conversion of railroad corridors to recreational trails and other public uses ("rails-to-trails") green buildings Written and updated by leading authorities and practitioners from across the nation. Statements of law are supported by abundant citations to statutes, regulations, case law, law review commentary, and more. For more than half a century, Powell on Real Property® has been the one source to turn to for the answers to real property law questions in America. With its unparalleled breadth AND depth of coverage, it still is. Recent Supreme Court cases citing Powell on Real Property® are Georgia v. Randolph, 126 S. Ct. 1515 (2006); Hibbs v. Winn, 542 U.S. 88 (2004); Eldred v. Ashcroft, 537 U.S. 186 (2003); and United States v. Craft, 535 U.S. 274 (2002).
- 9781579117580 (electronic bk)
- Title from eBook information screen..
- Technical Details:
- Requires OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB) or Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1366 KB).
View MARC record | catkey: 36211807