Wound care essentials : practice principles / clinical editors, Sharon Baranoski, Elizabeth A. Ayello
- Quality of life and ethical issues -- Reimbursement regulations impacting wound care -- Legal aspects of wound care -- Skin: an essential organ -- Acute and chronic wound healing -- Wound assessment -- Wound bioburden and infection -- Wound debridement -- Wound treatment options -- Nutrition and wound care -- Pressure distribution: seating, positioning, and support surfaces -- Pain management and wounds -- Skin: challenging conditions -- Pressure injuries -- Venous disease and ulcers -- Lymphedema: complete decongestive therapy -- Arterial ulcers -- Diabetic foot ulcers -- Sickle cell ulcers -- Surgical wounds and surgical reconstruction -- Tube, drain, and fistula management -- Atypical wounds -- Spinal cord injury population -- Adiposity and the bariatric patient -- Pressure injuries in neonatal and pediatric populations -- Palliative skin and wound care -- Wound gallery.
- "A crucial guide for all skin and wound care professionals, this essential resource provides authoritative science and practical instruction on wound care best practices. This must-have guide offers the latest, skin and wound care research-backed insights on prevention and management strategies. Three new chapters - Skin, Challenging Skin Conditions and Lymphedema. Skin and wound care concepts - every chapter has been updated with the most current international guidelines especially for pressure injuries and skin tears." -- Publisher.
- Wounds and injuries—Patients—Care—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Wounds and injuries—Treatment—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Wounds and injuries—Nursing—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Wound healing—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Wounds and Injuries—therapy
- Wound Healing
- Wound healing
- Wounds and injuries—Nursing
- Wounds and injuries—Treatment
- 9781975128883 (paperback)
- Previous edition: Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer, 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36212121