Just how big is space? [videorecording] / a production of Cambridge Educational ; producer-director, Christine Dean
- Cambridge core science series. Space science
- How big is space? -- Relativity theory.
- "Reveals the immensity of space by showing how its distances are measured and by examining the effects of Einstein's Theory of Relativity on space travel. Topics include parallax calculations, the inverse square law of light brightness, the Cepheid variable, Doppler shift, time dilation, space dilation, and the distorting effect of gravity on the space time continuum."--Container.
- Disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives., Teacher's guide available online, www.meridianeducation.com, search on 34743., and Correlates to National Science Education Standards, National Educational Technology Standards, and standards of the Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Paul Ryan.
- Technical Details:
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences copy includes public performance rights.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences copy: Purchased with funds from the University Libraries Astronomy Collection Endowment; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3621682