Globalization & new geographies of conservation / edited by Karl S. Zimmerer
- Additional Titles:
- Globalization and new geographies of conservation
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- x, 357 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Zimmerer, Karl S.
- Geographical perspectives on globalization and environmental issues : the inner-connections of conservation, agriculture, and livelihoods / Karl S. Zimmerer -- Spatialities in global conservation and sustainability projects. Certifying biodiversity : conservation networks, landscape connectivity, and certified agriculture in southern Mexico / Tad Mutersbaugh -- Satellite remote sensing for management and monitoring of certified forestry : an example from the Brazilian Amazon / Jane M. Read -- Productive conservation and its representation : the case of beekeeping in the Brazilian Amazon / J. Christopher Brown -- Linking scales in livelihood analysis and global environmental science. Urban house-lot gardens and agrodiversity in Santarém, Pará, Brazil : spaces of conservation that link urban with rural / Antoinette M.G.A. WinklerPrins -- Multilevel geographies of seed networks and seed use in relation to agrobiodiversity conservation in the Andean countries / Karl S. Zimmerer -- Shifting scales, lines, and lives : the politics of conservation science and development in the Sahel / Matthew D. Turner -- Transnational and border issues in global conservation management. Conservation initiatives and "transnationalization" in the Mekong River basin / Chris Sneddon -- A transnational perspective on national protected areas and ecoregions in the tropical Andean countries / Rodrigo Sierra -- Development of Peru's protected-area system : historical continuity of conservation goals / Kenneth R. Young and Lily O. Rodríguez -- Decentralization and environmental governance in globalization. Conservation, globalization, and democratization : exploring the contradictions in the Maya Biosphere Reserve, Guatemala / Juanita Sundberg -- Decentralization, land policy, and the politics of scale in Burkina Faso / Leslie C. Gray -- Fences, ecologies, and changes in pastoral life : sandy land reclamation in Uxin Ju, Inner Mongolia, China / Hong Jiang -- Conclusion : rethinking the compatibility, consequences, and geographic strategies of conservation and development / Karl S. Zimmerer.
- 0226983439 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780226983431 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226983447 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780226983448 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3624772