Wizard of Oz [videorecording] / a Victor Fleming production, a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer picture ; produced by Mervin LeRoy ; screenplay by Noel Langley, Florence Ryerson and Edgar Allan Woolf ; directed by Victor Fleming
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- Two-disc special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 103 min.) : sound, color and black and white (sepia tone) ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Fleming, Victor, 1889-1949
Morgan, Frank, 1890-1949
Baum, L. Frank (Lyman Frank), 1856-1919
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or dubbed French dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- When a nasty neighbor tries to have her dog put to sleep, Dorothy takes her dog, Toto, and starts to run away. A tornado appears and carries her to the magical land of Oz. Wishing to return home, she begins to travel to the city of Oz where a great wizard lives. On her way she meets a Scarecrow who needs a brain, a Tin Man who wants a heart, and a Cowardly Lion who desperately needs courage. They all hope the all-mighty Wizard of Oz will help them, but they have to get to the Emerald City before the Wicked Witch of the West catches up with them.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: G.
- Title from container.
Based on the novel "The wonderful Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1939.
Special features: Disc 1: Ultra-resolution restored 1939 movie; The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Storybook; "Prettier than ever: The restoration of Oz"; We haven't really met properly...: character bios; music-only track; theatrical trailers; Disc 2: "The Wonderful World of Oz: The making of a movie classic" (1990 TV special); memories of Oz (2001 TCM documentary); "The art of imagination: A tribute to Oz"; "Because of the wonderful things it does: The legacy of Oz"; Harold Arlen's home movies; outtakes and deleted scenes; special effects sequences; from the vault: "Another romance of celluloid: electrical power" (1938 MGM short), cavalcade of Academy Awards (1939 newsreel), Texas contest winners 1939 trailer; audio vault (selection only); "Leo is on the air" radio promo; Good News of 1939 radio show; 12/25/1950 Lux Radio Theater broadcast; stills galleries.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Harold Rosson ; art director, Cedric Gibbons ; editor, Blanche Sewell ; original music, Harold Arlen ; costume designer, Adrian.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, Billie Burke, Margaret Hamilton, Charley Grapewin, The Munchkins.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, Dolby Digital 1.0 mono, dual-layer.
View MARC record | catkey: 3624854