Star wars. Episode IV, A new hope [videorecording] / Lucas Films ; 20th Century Fox ; produced by Gary Kurtz ; written by George Lucas ; directed by George Lucas
- Additional Titles:
- New hope and Star wars
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 
- Limited ed. ; Enhanced trilogy version.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 127 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lucas, George, 1944-, Hamill, Mark, Ford, Harrison, 1942-, Fisher, Carrie, Cushing, Peter, 1913-1994, Guinness, Alec, 1914-2000, Jones, James Earl, Taylor, Gilbert, Williams, John, 1932-, and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc
- Language Note:
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- A rebel ship is being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. Luke Skywalker, with his new allies, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2, attempt to rescue rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empires most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG; for sci-fi violence and brief mild language.
- Title from container.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1977.
Special features: Disc 1: Widescreen feature (Enhanced version); Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher; Easter egg - credit roll ; Disc 2: Widescreen original theatrical movie version; XBox playable game demo; Lego game trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Gilbert Taylor ; editors, Richard Chew ... [et al.] ; music, John Williams ; costume designer, John Mollo ; production designer, John Barry.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew; David Prowse.
Darth Vader voice: James Earl Jones.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 EX surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 3624905