Nylon and bombs : DuPont and the march of modern America / Pap A. Ndiaye ; translated by Elborg Forster
- Ndiaye, Pap
- Uniform Title:
- Du nylon et des bombes. English
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 289 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Studies in industry and society
- DuPont and the rise of chemical engineering -- From ammonia to nylon : technologies and careers -- Culture and politics at DuPont before World War II -- The forgetten engineers of the bomb -- The heyday and decline of chemical enineering.
- 9780801884443 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0801884446 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -281) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Delaware copy: Purchased with funds from the John D. Vairo Libraries Endowment; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3628064