Animal experimentation / David M. Haugen, book editor
- Detroit : Greenhaven Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 234 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Haugen, David M., 1969-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Opposing viewpoints series
- Animals have rights / Tom Regan -- Animals do not have rights / Ilana Mercer -- Animals are equal to humans / Matt Ball and Jack Norris -- Animals are not equal to humans / Josie Appleton -- Animal rights activists are terrorists / Alex Epstein -- Animal rights activists are not terrorists / Will Potter -- Animal researchers should not be bullied by animal rights terrorists / Fiona Fox -- Animal experimentation is ethical / Adrian R. Morrison -- Animal experimentation is unethical / David Thomas -- Using primates in medical experimentation is justifiable / Scientific Steering Committee of the European Commission -- Using primates in medical experimentation is unjustifiable / John Gray -- The animal experimentation debate has reached a moral deadlock / Peter Singer -- The moral deadlock concerning animal experimentation can be broken / Patrick Bateson -- Animal experimentation is vital to medical research / American Physiological Society -- Animal experimentation is not vital to medical research / Christopher Anderegg, et al. -- Drug testing on animals is beneficial / Jennifer A. Hurley -- Drug testing on animals is not beneficial / Kathy Archibald -- Microchip technologies could make drug testing on animals unnecessary / David H. Freedman -- The risks of animal-to-human transplants outweigh the benefits / Joyce D'Silva -- The benefits of animal-to-human transplants outweigh the risks / A physician, interviewed by Gale Scott -- Genetically modified animals are beneficial to medicine / Alexandre Fouassier and Manufacturing Chemist -- Genetically modified animals are not beneficial to medicine / Animal Aid -- Animal cloning is worthwhile / Marie A. Di Berardino -- Animal cloning is unnecessary / Wayne Pacelle.
- 9780737733464 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0737733462 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780737733471 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0737733470 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 221-224) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3628682