Practical career advice for engineers / Radovan Zdero
- Zdero, Radovan
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 2022.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 183 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Part I: Basics -- Part II: Preparation -- Part III: Principles -- Part IV: Workforce -- Part V: Aftermath.
- 9781032044132 (hbk.)
- "Written by an experienced engineer, this book is a series of personal conversation-style letters that offers practical career advice to all engineers. It guides them through their entire career from early education, to professional certification, on into the workplace, and eventually to retirement. Important topics such as how to acquire leadership skills, improve communication skills, and develop the business side of engineering, as well as how to find a good engineering job are also addressed. The book guides engineers on how to make good career decisions, using precise and systematic processes. It offers inspiration and insight to student engineers and working engineers on how to have successful and satisfying educations and careers. It can also help experienced engineers to more effectively guide and mentor new engineers. It explores the important topics of creativity, ethics, intellectual property, and scientific principles in engineering and at the same time weaves real-world stories, concepts, diagrams, and tips throughout the book in the form of personal letters perfect for quick and easy comprehension. The book targets all engineers working in all disciplines, all industry sectors, and all locations. Engineering students can also learn more about a career in engineering and what they need to do to prepare for it by reading this book"-- Provided by publisher.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-180) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36488505