Yoga student handbook : develop your knowledge of yoga principles and practice / edited by Sian O'Neill ; foreword by Lizzie Lasater
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (240 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- O'Neill, Sian
- Intro; Yoga Student Handbook; Contents; Foreword: What Is Yoga?; Introduction; A History of Yoga; Yoga and Philosophy; Breath; Key Āsanas Explained; Prāṇāyāma; Yoga and Āyurveda; Different Styles of Yoga; Developing a Home Practice; British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course (I and II); What to Expect from Yoga Teacher Training; Yoga Journeys -- Interviews with Well-loved Teachers; A Sanskrit Glossary; About the authors; Endnotes; Index; Blank Page
- An accessible guide on the history, anatomy and philosophy behind yoga, showing how yoga students can develop and grow their personal practice. By offering students and teacher trainees guidance on how to move on to the next stage in their learning, this practical companion helps to deepen their understanding of holistic yoga practice. Including insights from renowned yoga professionals, including Lizzie Lasater, Andrew McGonigle, Graham Burns, Tarik Dervish and more, this book offers practical ways to hone yoga skills and knowledge. Covering everything from how to use your breath and the different styles of yoga, to what to expect from yoga teacher training, this is an essential handbook for all students and trainee teachers of yoga.
- 9780857013880 (electronic bk.)
0857013882 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36488706