The refugee aesthetic : reimagining Southeast Asian America / Timothy K. August
- August, Timothy K., 1979-
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2021.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 163 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- The refugee image -- The refugee position -- Refugee space -- The refugee personality -- Refugee futures: a conclusion.
- "Effectively synthesizes current theoretical discussions of refugee cultural interventions and Asian American aesthetics and uses a literary and artistic focus to ask how refugees and refuge have been represented and imagined over the last century. Intervenes with a "refugee aesthetic" analytic that rethinks and re-empowers refugee positions, perspectives, and experiences"--
- 9781439915301 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36489169