The search / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; original screenplay, Richard Schweizer ; collaboration on screenplay by David Wechsler ; additional dialogue by Paul Jarrico ; produced by Lazar Wechsler ; produced for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer by Praesens-Film, Zurich ; directed by Fred Zinnemann
- Uniform Title:
- Search (Motion picture : 1948)
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video [distributor], ©2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (104 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Zinnemann, Fred, 1907-1997, Schweizer, Richard, 1899-1965, Wechsler, David, 1912-1990, Jarrico, Paul, Clift, Montgomery, MacMahon, Aline, 1899-1991, Novotná, Jarmila, 1907-1994, Corey, Wendell, 1914-1968, Jandl, Ivan, Haller, Hermann, 1909-1985, Blum, Robert, 1900-1994, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Praesens-Film, and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- "In post-World War II Germany, a small boy who survivied Auschwitz wanders alone -- feral, mute and terrified. He finds a makeshift home with a big-hearted GI, while the mother he does not remember searches desperately for him. Starring a then-unknown Montgomery Clift in his movie debut, directed in a near-documentary style by Fred Zinnemann and filmed in the ragged, rubble-strewn skeleton of Nuremberg, The Search vividly captures the horrifying human cost of war. This milestone of filmmaking won two 1948 Academy Awards: Best Motion Picture Story and a special award to Ivan Jandl for his haunting performance as the lost child."--Container.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1948.
"This disc is expected to play back in DVD video "play only" devices, and may not play back in other DVD devices, including recorders and PC drives."
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Emil Berna ; film editor, Hermann Haller ; music, Robert Blum.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Montgomery Clift, Aline MacMahon, Jarmila Novotna, Wendell Corey, Ivan Jandl.
- Technical Details:
- DVD-R; full screen (4x3, 1.33.1) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
- Academy Awards, 1948: Best Motion Picture Story ; Juvenile Award (Ivan Jandl).
View MARC record | catkey: 36489443