Insights into Various Aspects of Oral Health
- IntechOpen 2017
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (228 p.)
- directory.doabooks.org , Free-to-read: DOAB: description of the publication
- www.intechopen.com , Free-to-read: DOAB: download the publication
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Chronic inflammation such as seen in periodontitis and its bidirectional influence on the systemic health has been of increased interest for a decade. In this text book, we have explored the biological and genetic pathways by which periodontal diseases may influence these disease processes and vice versa. Occlusal rehabilitation using the MEAW technique for the effective treatment of class II deep bite malocclusion and the timely management of cleft lip and palate to benefit the holistic welfare of the patient are presented here. The book addresses the development of bioinspired functionally graded dental restorative materials and also a simulation method that can improve clinical durability and enhance the functional capability of the dentition and indirect prostheses. In conclusion, various pathways for the promotion of oral health with evidence-based concepts are considered.
- Other Subject(s):
- DOAB Library.
- All rights reserved http://oapen.org/content/about-rights
View MARC record | catkey: 36495865