Emerging companies guide : a resource for professionals and entrepreneurs / editors: Alan S. Gutterman, Robert L. Brown
- Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, 
- Copyright Date:
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Gutterman, Alan S., 1955-, Brown, Robert L., 1949 February 27-, and American Bar Association. Section of Business Law
- Starting a new business / Allison Marie Kroeker -- Preparing a business plan / Richard P. Brown -- Compensation / Jennifer Han -- Tax aspects of forming and organizing a new business / Nancy Kaymar Stafford -- Tax reporting and compliance / David T. Collins -- Accounting and financial reporting issues / David T. Collins -- Financing a business / Chris A. Harvey -- Technology and intellectual property rights / Marvin A. Glazer, Gail M. Hashimoto, Mitesh Patel, and Satya S. Narayan -- Product development and distribution / Robert L. Brown and Alan S. Gutterman -- Human resources / Scott D. Spiegel and Caroline J. Holtgrave -- Internet and online business activities / William Tolin Gay -- Marketing and public relations / Larry W. Horn, Jr. -- Growing a business / Robert L. Brown and Alan S. Gutterman -- Purchasing and selling a business / Robert L. Brown and Alan S. Gutterman -- Estate planning for the business owner / Scott A. Weinberg and Devan T. Otten.
- "This updated edition is a valuable resource on how to establish, organize, develop, and eventually sell an emerging company. With 15 chapters, the authors address basic organizational, tax and non-tax planning, and employment issues, as well as how to grow the business through distribution, licensing, and sales. In addition, chapters on protecting your intellectual property rights and how to handle media and public relations are included. A chapter on estate planning for the business owner provides detailed discussions on important estate-planning issues that are unique to the business owner and several effective planning techniques to deal appropriately with them."--Back cover.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: Second edition. Chicago, Ill. : American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, 
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 36500639