The fairy queen ; Dido and Aeneas / Purcell
- Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695
- Uniform Title:
- Operas. Selections
- [London] : Decca, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 audio file)
- Additional Creators:
- Vyvyan, Jennifer, 1925-1974, Wells, Mary Erryl, 1935-, Burrowes, Norma, Bowman, James, Pears, Peter, 1910-1986, Shirley-Quirk, John, Baker, Janet, 1933-, Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976, Bedford, Steuart, Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695, Ambrosian Opera Chorus, English Chamber Orchestra, London Voices, and Aldeburgh Festival Strings
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Jennifer Vyvyan, Mary Wells, Norma Burrowes, sopranos ; James Bowman, countertenor ; Peter Pears, tenor ; John Shirley-Quirk, bass ; Ambrosian Opera Chorus ; English Chamber Orchestra ; Benjamin Britten, conductor. 2nd work: Janet Baker, mezzo-soprano ; Peter Pears, tenor ; London Opera Chorus ; Aldeburgh Festival Strings ; Steuart Bedford, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st work recorded 1970 September The Maltings, Snape, UK.
2nd work recorded 1976 December Kingsway Hall, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 36500796