Knowledge assets and knowledge audits [electronic resource] / Pawan Handa, Independent, USA, Jean Pagani, Independent, USA, Denise Bedford, Georgetown University, USA
- Handa, Pawan
- Bingley, UK : Emerald Publishing Limited, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 279 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pagani, Jean and Bedford, Denise A. D., 1950-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Section 1: Auditing knowledge. 1. Audits -- What to audit and why -- 2. Auditing the use of knowledge in business processes -- 3. Audit methodology for knowledge management capabilities -- 4. Audit methodology for knowledge assets. Section 2: Defining and identifying your knowledge assets. 5. Identifying and categorizing organization's knowledge assets -- 6. Identifying sources and ownership of knowledge assets -- 7. Define the useful business life of knowledge assets. Section 3: Managing knowledge assets. 8. Business transformation of knowledge capital -- 9. Current management of knowledge assets -- 10. Managing risks of knowledge assets -- 11. Investment strategies for knowledge assets. Section 4: Accounting for knowledge assets. 12. Assigning value to knowledge assets -- 13. Defining the costs of knowledge assets -- 14. Defining the revenue and profit generated by knowledge assets -- Appendix: Pulling it all together -- Index.
- "With the rising importance of knowledge as a primary factor in global industries, it is increasingly necessary for knowledge management professionals to understand, engage with, and speak the language of investments and auditing... This exciting guide helps knowledge management professionals educate themselves on these topics."-- back cover.
- 9781789737745 (pbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36518705