School ties [videorecording] / Paramount Pictures ; screenplay by Dick Wolf and Darryl Ponicsan ; produced by Stanley R. Jaffe, Sherry Lansing ; directed by Robert Mandel
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (107 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Mandel, Robert, Wolf, Dick, Ponicsan, Darryl, Fraser, Brendan, 1968-, Damon, Matt, Affleck, Ben, 1972-, O'Donnell, Chris, Locane, Amy, 1971-, Jarre, Maurice, Francis, Freddie, 1917-2007, and Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English or French; closed-captioned.
- Set in the 1950s: David Greene, a working-class Jewish quarterback from Scranton, Pennsylvania, is offered a football scholarship to a prestigious New England prep. school. It's David's ticket to an Ivy League education and a way out of his hometown, but there's one condition: the school's elders ask him to be discreet about his religion. At first willing to do so, David struggles with his silence as his popularity grows. David strikes up a friendship with his roommate Chris Reece and a possible romance with Sally Wheeler, a student at a nearby girls' school. But, when David's secret is exposed by a jealous classmate he faces the full force of religious intolerance from the prejudiced White Anglo-Saxon Protestant institution.
- Audience Notes:
- Rated PG-13.
- Originally produced as motion picture in 1992.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Maurice Jarre ; editors, Jerry Greenberg, Jacqueline Cambas ; production designer, Jeannine Claudia Oppewall ; director of photography, Freddie Francis ; associate producer, Michael Tadross ; executive producer, Danton Rissner.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Brendan Fraser, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Chris O'Donnell, Amy Locane.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby 5.1 Surround sound, widescreen presentation.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the Ash Family Libraries Endowment in Jewish Studies; 20067.
Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries) ; 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 3661097