Reorganisation and resistance : legal professions confront a changing world / edited by William L.F. Felstiner
- Additional Titles:
- Reorganization and resistance
- Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart Pub., 2005.
- Physical Description:
- x, 358 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Felstiner, William L. F. and Working Group on the Comparative Study of Legal Professions
- Reorganisation and resistance / William L.F. Felstiner -- The professional as policitical : English lawyers from the 1989 Green Papers through the Access to Justice Act 1999 / Richard L. Abel -- Fighting for survival : unification, differentiation, and representation of the French bar / Anne Boigeol and Laurent Willemez -- Judges and lawyers in the Netherlands : an overview from 1970 till 2000 / Fred J. Bruinsma -- Regulated deregulation : the case of the German legal profession / Ulrike Schultz -- The Australian legal profession : towards a national identity / Margaret Thornton -- A legal profession in transformation : the Korean experience / Dai-kwon Choi -- Lawyers in the late twentieth-century Latin America / Rogelio PeÌ?rez-Perdomo -- Legal professionals aplenty, but no legal profession? Law and lawyers in contemporary Mexico / HeÌ?ctor Fix-Fierro and Sergio LoÌ?pez AyllooÌ?n -- Social mobility and hierarchical structure in Canadian law practice / Fion M. Kay and John Hagan -- From professional dominance to organisational dominance : professionalism, inequality, and social change among Chicago lawyers, 1975-1995 / Robert L. Nelson ... [et al.]
- 1841132462 and 9781841132464
- Essays from the Working Group on the Comparative Study of Legal Professions, a body within the International Sociological Association's Research Committee on the Sociology of Law.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3661459