All that glittered : the golden age of drama on Broadway, 1919-1959 / Ethan Mordden
- Mordden, Ethan, 1947-
- New York : St. Martin's Press, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 340 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Lightnin' has struck! -- I'll be all right when I'm acclimatized: Old Broadway -- The rise of wisecrack comedy -- Beauty that springs from knowledge: New Broadway -- Sophisticated -- The celebrity of eccentricity -- Having wonderful time: the popular stage -- We are not here to rehearse your play: the political stage -- Woman and man: Susan and God and The Iceman Cometh -- Dogs are sticking to the sidewalks: the early 1940s -- Olivier versus Brando: the late 1940s -- It's about this doctor: A Streetcar Named Desire and The Crucible -- End of the empire: The early 1950s -- My God, that moon's bright: Auntie Mame and The Dark at the Top of the Stairs -- The great Sebastians make their last visit: the late 1950s.
- 9780312338985 and 0312338988
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3661851