- SECTION I. THEORETICAL CONCERNS. -- The moral status of information and information technologies: a relational theory of moral status / Johnny Hartz Soraker -- Online communities, democratic ideals, and the digital divide / Frances S. Grodzinsky and Herman T. Tavani -- The mediating effect of material cultures as human hybridization / Lorenzo Magnani -- Culture and technology: a mutual-shaping approach / Thomas Herdin, Wolfgang Hofkirchner, and Ursula Maier-Rabler -- Mobile phone and autonomy / Thaptawee Chokvasin -- Invisability [i.e. Invisibility] and the ethics of digitalization: designing so as not to hurt others / Maja van der Velden -- Privacy and property in the global datasphere / Dan L. Burk -- Analysis and justification of privacy from a Buddhist perspective / Soraj Hongladarom -- SECTION II. SPECIFIC VIEWPOINTS. -- Information privacy in a surveillance state: a perspective from Thailand / Pirongrong Ramasoota Rananand -- Interactions among Thai culture, ICT, and IT ethics / Pattarasinee Bhattarakosol -- We cannot eat data: the need for computer ethics to address the cultural and ecological impacts of computing / Barbara Paterson -- Current and future state of ICT deployment and utilization in healthcare: an analysis of cross-cultural ethical issues / Bernd Carsten Stahl, Simon Rogerson, and Amin Kashmeery -- Business ethics and technology in Turkey: an emerging country at the crossroad of civilizations / Gonca Telli Yamamoto and Faruk Karaman -- The existential significance of the digital divide for America's historically underserved populations / Lynette Kvasny.
- "This book is the first publication that takes a genuinely global approach to the diverse ethical issues evoked by Information and Communication Technologies and their possible resolutions. Readers will gain a greater appreciation for the problems and possibilities of genuinely global information ethics, which are urgently needed as information and communication technologies continue their exponential growth"--Provided by publisher.
- 1599043106 (hardcover)
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Allen and Judith Weltmann Gift; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3661870