Governor Henry Horner, Chicago politics, and the Great Depression / Charles J. Masters
- Masters, Charles J., 1939-
- Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 245 pages, 6 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Muddy beginnings -- One foot on the sidewalk and one in the gutter -- An honorable judge in the age of whoopee -- The bottom drops out -- The wheels in motion -- Judge Horner runs the race -- A big hit downstate and on to victory -- Roll up your sleeves, governor -- The crux of the crisis -- Horner, history, and the New Deal -- The governor gives himself away -- A stab in the back -- Into the snake pit -- The Horner ticket -- While the cat's away -- A test of good government.
- 0809327392 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780809327393 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-235) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3662084