Music of the "Chapels Royal" [sound recording].
- Paris : Erato, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (50 min., 45 sec.) : 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695, Locke, Matthew, 1621 or 1622-1677, Blow, John, -1708, Humfrey, Pelham, 1647-1674, Gardiner, John Eliot, English Baroque Soloists, and Monteverdi Choir
- Motet, Jehova, quam multi sunt hostes mei! / Purcell -- Full anthem, How doth the city sit solitary / Locke -- Verse anthem, My beloved spake ; Full anthem, O God, Thou has cast us out and scattered us abroad / Purcell -- Mottet, Salvator mundi / Blow -- Full anthem, Hear my prayer / Purcell -- Verse anthem, O Lord my God / Humfrey.
- Texts with English and French translations and program notes in English and French on container.
Error on label: 2nd work listed as Verse anthem "My beloved spake" by Matthew Locke. Correct entry on container: Verse anthem "How doth the city sit solitary".
Title from container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Monteverdi Choir ; English Baroque Soloists ; John Eliot Gardiner, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded February 1979 in Henry Wood Hall, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 366386