The history of Moston Colliery, Manchester : a Victorian super-pit / H.L. Holliday
- Holliday, H. L. (Harry L.)
- Additional Titles:
- Moston Colliery, Manchester
- Ashbourne, England : Landmark Publishing, 
- Physical Description:
- 123 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- Landmark collector's library
- Memories from boyhood -- Early mining methods -- Geology -- Was Lennardine a coal district at Moston? -- The Old Shaft on the Copthorn -- The sinking of Nos. 1 & 2 shaft -- Platt brothers take over -- The consequences of the flood -- The history of the Pre-Glacial Channel -- A little about mine shafts -- Two methods of mining coal -- Through the Old Pit's Shaft Pillar -- The influence of the Moston Fault -- The Coal seams mined at Moston Colliery -- The management and their helpers -- The problem of crush -- Vermin and the Pit Ponies -- A very important marine band -- Carbonicola, a scientific study -- A Moston miscellany.
- 1843061848 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 123) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3664201