The lives of the professors of Gresham College : to which is prefixed the life of the fovnder, Sir Thomas Gresham. With an appendix, consisting of orations, lectvres, and letters, written by the professors, with other papers serving to illustrate the lives / By Iohn Ward ...
- Ward, John, 1679?-1758
- London : Printed by J. Moore for the avthor, 1740.
- Physical Description:
- 2 preliminary leaves, xxiv, 338 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 156 pages : 4 plates, portrait ; 38 cm
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- Includes "An appendix, consisting of orations, lectures, and letters, written by the Professors, with other papers serving to illustrate the lives": 156 pages at end., Laid in RBR book are some "proof" leaves, a portrait of Gresham by Faber, and another by Michel (a proof), after Sir A. More., and Large paper (subscriber's) copy--RBR.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1970. 1 microfiche ; 8 x 13 cm. (The Microbook library of English literature) Reduction ratio varies.
View MARC record | catkey: 367660