Karl Amadeus Hartmann : (1905-1963) / written & directed by Klaus Voswinckel ; a Klaus Voswinckel Production for Bayerischer Rundfunk, Monarda Arts
- Additional Titles:
- Karl Amadeus Hartmann and Karl Amadeus Hartmann (1905-1963)
- Halle, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany : Monarda Arts, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (74 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Voswinckel, Klaus, 1943-, Euba, Wolf, Hartmann, Karl Amadeus, 1905-1963, Bayerischer Rundfunk. Orchester, Klaus Voswinckel Production, and Monarda Arts (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Spoken in English; vocal works sung and spoken in German.
- This profile of the German composer Karl Amadeus Hartmann (1905-63) combines documentary and performance footage. It looks at his championship of new music with the Musica Viva concerts he organised in Munich after 1945, and it includes extensive excerpts from his opera Des Simplicius Simplicissimus Jugend, as well as his Symphonies No. 6 and No. 8.
- Medium of Performance:
- Simplicius Simplicissimus singer orchestra 1
Symphony no. 6 orchestra 1 1
Gesangsszene baritone voice 1 orchestra 1 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from title screen (viewed January 18, 2022).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music by Karl Amadeus Hartmann.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrators: Sheila Mitchell, James Greene, Garard Green, Jonathan Evans.
Simplicius Simplicissimus : Soprano, Helen Donath ; tenor, Klaus König ; baritone, Bodo Brinkmann ; bass, Rainer Scholze ; narrator: Wolf Euba ; Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra ; conductor, Heinz Fricke ; Symphony no. 6: Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra ; conductor, Rafael Kubelik ; Gesangsszene: baritone, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau ; Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra ; conductor, Rafael Kubelik.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Excerpts from Simplicius Simplicissimus Recorded November 1985.
Symphony No. 6 Recorded 1978.
Gesangsszene Recorded 1965.
View MARC record | catkey: 36818524