Coloman, King of Galicia and Duke of Slavonia (1208-1241) [electronic resource] : medieval central Europe and Hungarian power / by Márta Font and Gábor Barabás
- Font, Márta
- Uniform Title:
- Kálmán (1208-1241). English
- Leeds : ARC Humanities Press, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 143 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Barabás, Gabor
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A figure of crucial importance to scholarship on western and eastern Europe alike, King Coloman (1208-1241) here receives long-overdue scholarly treatment as a key figure of the thirteenth century. The Árpád prince ruled over a vast area in Central Europe which remained largely affiliated to the Western Church, territories that comprise modern-day Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, and Bosnia. This study draws on Hungarian and other research that is inaccessible outside the region and places Coloman at the crossroads of Latin Christendom, Eastern Orthodoxy, and the Mongol Empire.
- 9781641890250 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 20 Nov 2020).
View MARC record | catkey: 36820975