Cryptosocial : how cryptocurrencies are changing social media / Allen Taylor
- Taylor, Allen
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2022.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 273 pages) : illustrations
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Chapter 1. Practical applications of blockchain technology -- Chapter 2. What's the big deal about decentralization? -- Chapter 3. A brief history of social media -- Chapter 4. The rise and rise of cryptocurrencies -- Chapter 5. An introduction to cryptoeconomics -- Chapter 6. What if Facebook had a cryptocurrency? -- Chapter 7. How the blockchain turned social -- Chapter 8. Social gaming on the blockchain -- Chapter 9. How businesses can benefit from cryptosocial media -- Chapter 10. Coda: the future of cryptosocial media.
- Cryptosocial: how cryptocurrencies are changing social media surveys the history of social media and cryptocurrencies to show how these two unrelated technologies had a chance meeting that is changing the world. If you're one of the millions of people growing tired of legacy social media and how they take advantage of their own users, this book will open your eyes to the alternatives offering greater happiness, more freedom, and better personal and financial security. Read this book and you'll learn: What cryptosocial is all about; Which platforms and protocols you should pay attention to; Why cryptosocial media is the best alternative for Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat; How to start using cryptosocial media; What you need to participate in decentralized social media platforms; And how you can profit from your own content, gain more control over your identity, and maintain security over your online data and personal assets.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9781637421840 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 36826805