Myth, meaning, and performance : toward a new cultural sociology of the arts / edited by Ron Eyerman and Lisa McCormick
- Boulder, CO : Paradigm Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- v, 166 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Eyerman, Ron
McCormick, Lisa, 1975-
Full Text available online
- The Yale cultural sociology series
- Toward a meaningful sociology of the arts / Ron Eyerman -- Chewing on Clement Greenberg : abstraction and the two faces of modernism / Robert W. Witkin -- The meaning of style : postmodernism, demystification, and dissonance in post-Tiananmen Chinese avant-garde art / Julia Chi Zhang -- Seeker of the sacred : a late-Durkheimian theory of the artist / Steve Sherwood -- Music as agency in Beethoven's Vienna / Tia DeNora -- Music as social performance / Lisa McCormick.
- 1594512140 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781594512148 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 145-154) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3690874