Orpheus and Eurydice [videorecording] / music, Christoph Willibald Gluck ; libretto Ranieri da Calzabigi ; produced for television in association with Australian Broadcasting Corporation ; from the Sydney Opera House, the Australian Opera presents
- Gluck, Christoph Willibald, Ritter von, 1714-1787
- Uniform Title:
- Orphée et Eurydice
- West Long Branch, NJ : Kultur, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (108 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Hobson, David, 1960-, Thane, Amanda, 1960-, Gormley, Miriam, Guidarini, Marco, Lazaridis, Stefanos, Tankard, Meryl, Meryl Tankard Company, Australian Opera, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and Kultur International Films
- Language Note:
- Sung in French, with English subtitles.
- Following the death of his beloved wife, Eurydice, Orphée is given permission to descend into Hades to rescue her. He is warned that, if successful, he must not look at her until he has crossed to the world of the living.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director, Stefanos Lazaridis; choreographer, Meryl Tankard.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- David Hobson (Orpheus) ; Amanda Thane (Eurydice) ; Miriam Gormley (Amor) ; Dancers of The Meryl Tankard Australian Dance Theatre ; Dancers of the Australian Opera ; The Australian Opera Chorus ; Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra ; Marco Guidarini, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in performance Sept. 20, 1993, Sydney Opera House.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, full screen (4:3) presentation; Dolby 2.0.
View MARC record | catkey: 3694531