Poetry for students. Volume 24 [electronic resource] : presenting analysis, context and criticism on commonly studied poetry / Anne Marie Hacht and Ira Mark Milne, project editors ; foreword by David Kelly
- Gale virtual reference library
- All I was doing was breathing - Mirabai -- Always - Guillaume Apollinaire -- At the cancer clinic - Ted Kooser -- The Chambered Nautilus - Oliver Wendell Holmes -- For the sake of strangers - Dorianne Laux -- Kindness - Naomi Shihab Nye -- The litany - Dana Gioia -- Monologue for an onion - Sue (Suji) Kwock Kim -- Not like a cypress - Yehuda Amichai -- One is one - Marie Ponsot -- Our side - Carol Muske-Dukes -- A poison tree - William Blake -- Portrait of a couple at century's end - Sherod Santos -- The room - Conrad Aiken -- Seeing you - Jean Valentine -- Three to's and an oi - Heather McHugh.
- Mīrābāī, active 1516-1546. All I was doing was breathing
- Apollinaire, Guillaume, 1880-1918. Always
- Kooser, Ted. At the cancer clinic
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, 1809-1894. Chambered Nautilus
- Laux, Dorianne. For the sake of strangers
- Nye, Naomi Shihab. Kindness
- Gioia, Dana. Litany
- Kim, Suji Kwock, 1968- Monologue for an onion
- Amichai, Yehuda. Not like a cypress
- Ponsot, Marie. One is one
- Muske-Dukes, Carol, 1945- Our side
- Blake, William, 1757-1827. Poison tree
- Santos, Sherod, 1948- Portrait of a couple at century's end
- Aiken, Conrad, 1889-1973. Room
- Valentine, Jean. Seeing you
- McHugh, Heather, 1948- Three to's and an oi.
- Poetry—Study and teaching
- Poetry—History and criticism
- Poetry, Modern—20th century—History and criticism
- 1414410557 (electronic book)
- "ISSN 1094-7019."
Each entry contains author biography (if attributed), poem text, poem summary, themes, style, historical context, critical overview, and criticism.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS AS PART OF THE GALE VIRTUAL REFERENCE LIBRARY.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mi : Gale. Available via World Wide Web.
- Original Version:
- Original: xxi, 330 p. : ill., photos. ; 29 cm.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 3696175