High-speed circuit board signal integrity / Stephen C. Thierauf
- Thierauf, Stephen C.
- Boston : Artech House, ©2004.
[Piscataqay, New Jersey] : IEEE Xplore, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 PDF (xiv, 243 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- IEEE Xplore (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Ch. 1. Characteristics and Construction of Printed Wiring Boards -- Ch. 2. Resistance of Etched Conductors -- Ch. 3. Capacitance of Etched Conductors -- Ch. 4. Inductance of Etched Conductors -- Ch. 5. Transmission Lines -- Ch. 6. Return Paths and Power Supply Decoupling -- Ch. 7. Serial Communication, Loss, and Equalization -- Ch. 8. Single-Ended and Differential Signaling and Crosstalk -- Ch. 9. Characteristics of Printed Wiring Stripline and Microstrips -- Ch. 10. Surface Mount Capacitors.
- As circuit boards are increasingly required to transmit signals at higher and higher speeds, signal and power integrity become increasingly crucial. Rules of thumb that you have used over and over again to prevent signal loss no longer apply to these new, high-speed, high-density circuit designs. This leading-edge circuit design resource offers you the knowledge needed to quickly pinpoint transmission problems that can compromise your entire circuit design. Discussing both design and debug issues at gigabit per second data rates, the book serves as a practical reference for your projects involving high-speed serial signaling on printed wiring boards. Step-by-step, this book goes from reviewing the essentials of linear circuit theory, to examining practical issues of pulse propagation along lossless and lossy transmission lines. It provides detailed guidelines for crosstalk, attenuation, power supply decoupling, and layer stackup tradeoffs (including pad/antipad tradeoffs). Other key topics include the construction of etched conductors, analysis of return paths and split planes, microstrip and stripline characteristics, and SMT capacitors. Filled with on-the-job-proven examples, this hands-on reference is the book that you can turn to time and again to design out and troubleshoot circuit signal loss and impedance problems.
- 1580531318 alk. paper
9781580531313 alk. paper
1580538460 electronic bk.
9781580538466 electronic bk.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web
View MARC record | catkey: 37100649