Battlespace technologies : network-enabled information dominance / Richard S. Deakin
- Deakin, Richard S.
- Boston : Artech House, ©2010.
[Piscataqay, New Jersey] : IEEE Xplore, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 PDF (xi, 510 pages) : color illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- IEEE Xplore (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- The era of mechanized warfare is rapidly giving way to the battle for information superiority - enabled by electronic technologies that provide data for detailed analysis of enemy forces and capabilities. Supported with over 400 four-color photographs and illustrations, this new book is written and designed specifically to help non-specialists quickly understand the complexities of Network Enabled Capability (NEC). It offers you expert guidance on how to achieve information dominance throughout the battlespace by effectively employing the technologies, concepts, and decision-making processes of network enabled warfare. Written in clear, nontechnical language with minimum mathematics, the book explains how to use sensor technologies, including radar and electronic warfare systems, to disseminate information to key decision makers in timely and relevant manner. You learn how these technologies allow for the effective acquisition and dissemination of intelligence, while denying the collection, dissemination and use of intelligence by enemy forces. Providing a complete understanding of the advantages and weaknesses of information warfare, this practical book shows you what factors need to be taken into account when designing systems and equipment for use in a network-enabled environment. Moreover, this forward-looking reference explores what evolving requirements to consider for future air, land, and sea battlespace scenarios. This is an extraordinarily valuable and useful resource for military staff, defense industry engineers and managers, and government officials involved with defense funding decisions.
- 9781596933385 electronic bk.
1596933380 electronic bk.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web
View MARC record | catkey: 37100705