Electric power applications of fuzzy systems / edited by Mohamed E. El-Hawary
- New York : IEEE Press, ©1998.
[Piscataqay, New Jersey] : IEEE Xplore, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 PDF (xxvii, 343 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- El-Hawary, M. E., John Wiley & Sons, and IEEE Xplore (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Ch. 1. Introduction / M.E. El-Hawary -- Ch. 2. Fuzzy Systems: An Engineering Point of View / M.E. El-Hawary -- Ch. 3. Fuzzy Information Approaches to Equipment Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis / K. Tomsovic and B. Baer -- Ch. 4. Detection and Localization of Shorted Turns in the DC Field Winding of Turbine-Generator Rotors Using Novelty Detection and Fuzzified Neural Networks / M.A. El-Sharkawi, R.J. Marks II and R.J. Streifel ... [et al.] -- Ch. 5. Fuzzy Logic Controller as a Power System Stabilizer / O.P. Malik and K.A.M. El-Metwally -- Ch. 6. Fuzzy Logic Power System Stabilizer Using Polar Information / T. Hiyama -- Ch. 7. Fuzzy Logic Switching of FACTS Devices / T. Hiyama -- Ch. 8. Effects of Uncertain Load on Power Network Modeling / C.N. Lu and R.C. Leou -- Ch. 9. A Fuzzy Perspective of Power System Reliability / V. Miranda -- Ch. 10. Operation Support Expert System for Startup Schedule Optimization in Fossil Power Plants / H. Matsumoto.
- This book offers an introduction to applications of fuzzy system theory to selected areas of electric power engineering. It presents theoretical background material from a practical point of view and then explores a number of applications of fuzzy systems. Most recently, there has been a tremendous surge in research and application articles on this subject. Until now though, there have been no books that put together a practical guide to the fundamentals and applications aspects. Electric Power Applications of Fuzzy Systems presents, under one cover, original contributions by authors who have pioneered in the application of fuzzy system theory to the electric power engineering field. Each chapter contains both an introduction to and a state-of-the-art review of each application area.
- 9780470544457 electronic
0780311973 alk. paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web
View MARC record | catkey: 37101641