Electrical equipment handbook : troubleshooting and maintenance / Philip Kiameh
- Kiameh, Philip
- New York, N.Y. : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (700 pages) : illustrations
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Fundamentals of electric systems -- Introduction to machinery principles -- Transformers -- Transformer components and maintenance -- AC machine fundamentals -- Induction motors -- Speed control of induction motors -- Maintenance of motors -- Power electronics, rectifiers, and pulse-width modulation inverters -- Variable-speed drives -- Synchronous machines -- Synchronous generators -- Generator components, auxiliaries, and excitation --Generator main connections -- Performance and operations of generators -- Generator surveillance and testing -= Generator inspection and maintenance -- Generator operational problems and refurbishment options -- Circuit breakers -- Fuses -- Bearings and lubrication -- Used-oil analysis -- Vibration analysis -- Power station electrical systems and design requirements -- Power station protective systems -- Appendix: Frequently asked questions.
- Annotation Maximize your company's energy output while ensuring the reliability and longevity of your industrial electrical equipment! Everything you need for selection, applications, operations, diagnostic testing, troubleshooting and maintenance for all capital equipment placed firmly in your grasp. Keeping your equipment running efficiently and smoothly could make the difference between profit and loss. Electrical Equipment Handbook: Troubleshooting and Maintenance provides you with the state-of-the-art information for achieving the highest performance from your transformers, motors, speed drives, generator, rectifiers, and inverters. With this book in hand you'll understand various diagnostic testing methods and inspection techniques as well as advance fault detection techniques critical components and common failure modes. This handbook will answer all your questions about industrial electrical equipment. In Electrical Equipment Handbook: Troubleshooting and Maintenance, you will: Learn about the various types of transformers, motors, variable speed drives, generators, rectifiers, inverters, and uninterrupted power systems. Understand diagnostic testing and inspection, advanced fault detection techniques, critical components, and common failure modes. Study selection criteria, commissioning requirements, predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability, testing and cost discover the maintenance required to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability and longevity.
- Electric machinery—Maintenance and repair
- Electric wiring
- Electric machinery
- Electromechanical devices
- Electric transformers—Maintenance and repair
- Electric transformers
- Electric motors
- Electric machinery—Alternating current
- Electric motors, Induction
- Electric motors—Maintenance and repair
- Variable speed drives
- Electric motors, Synchronous
- Electric generators
- Electric generators—Alternating current—Excitation
- Electric generators—Maintenance and repair
- Electric circuit-breakers
- Electric fuses
- Electric suspension
- Lubricating oils—Analysis
- Power-plants—Design and construction
- Electric power systems—Protection
- Protective relays
- 0071396039 (print-ISBN)
- Related Titles:
- Fundamentals of electrical systems
Introduction to machinery principles
Transformer components and maintenance
AC machine fundamentals
Speed control of induction motors
Maintenance of motors
Power electronics, rectifiers, and pulse-width modulation inverters
Generator components, auxiliaries, and excitation
Generator main connections
Performance and operation of generators
Generator surveillance and testing
Generator inspection and maintenance
Generator operational problems and refurbishment options
Bearings and lubrication
Power station electrical systems and design requirements
Power station protective systems
- Print version c2003.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : McGraw Hill, 2003. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
- Biographical Note:
- Contributor biographical information: http://www.loc.gov/catdir/bios/mh041/2002044498.html
View MARC record | catkey: 37106821