Inside the Civano Project : a case study of large-scale sustainable neighborhood development / C. Alan Nichols, Jason A. Laros
- Nichols, C. Alan
- New York, N.Y. : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 299 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Laros, Jason A.
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Ch. 1. Seed is Planted: The Early Stages of Land Planning -- Ch. 2. Public/Private Partnership: A Balancing Act -- Ch. 3. Guiding Growth: Master Planning and Analysis -- Ch. 4. Impacts and Adjustments: The Basics of High Performance, a.k.a. Green -- Ch. 5. Germination -- Ch. 6. Tug of War: Rediscovery -- Ch. 7. Ground Breaking: Neighborhood One -- Ch. 8. Middle Ground -- Phase II: The Costs and Benefits of Production Housing -- Ch. 9. Civano's DNA: Leading the Evolution -- Ch. 10. Future Neighborhoods: Phase III, IV, the Commercial Center, and Beyond -- Appendix A. Civano Impact System Memorandum of Understanding on Implementation and Monitoring Processes: Signed June 26, 1998 -- Appendix B. Revised Sustainable Energy Standard.
- This GreenSource book offers a complete survey of Civano, the largest high-performance mixed-use community in the United States. Located in Tucson, Arizona, Civano encompasses high standards of resource conservation, sustainability, and solar energy use. Inside the Civano Project features insider information on the planning, funding, building, and management of this development, which integrates residential communities with shopping, workplace, school, and civic facilities, as well as parks and natural open spaces. The book discusses the zoning and building code guidelines, sustainable building materials, energy standards, and water conservation technologies that make Civano ahead of its time. -- Publisher description.
- Related Titles:
- A seed is planted
The public/private partnership
Impacts and adjustments
Tug of war
A middle ground--Phase II.
The future neighborhoods
- Print version c2010.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : McGraw Hill, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 37106985