Civil engineering PE exam guide [electronic resource] : breadth and depth / Indranil Goswami
- Goswami, Indranil
- Additional Titles:
- Online index title: Civil engineering all-in-one PE exam guide: breadth and depth
- New York : McGraw-Hill, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (xlii, 1,106 pages) : illustrations
- Strength of materials -- Statically determinate structures -- Introduction to indeterminate structures -- Concrete fundamentals -- Reinforced concrete beams -- Reinforced concrete slabs -- Reinforced concrete columns -- Prestressed concrete -- Steel tension members -- Steel compression members -- Steel beams-design for flexure -- Bolted and welded connections -- Bridge design (AASHTO LRFD) -- Timber design -- Masonry design -- Phase relationships for soils -- Soil sampling and testing -- Soil classification -- Vertical stress increase at depth -- Flow through porous media -- Shallow foundations -- Deep foundations -- Retaining walls -- Support of excavation -- Slope stability -- and Seismic topics in geotechnical engineering -- Earthwork -- Basic fluid mechanics -- Closed conduit hydraulics -- Open channel hydraulics -- Hydrology -- Water supply quantity and quality -- Water and wastewater treatment -- Capacity analysis -- Accident analysis -- Sight distance -- Highway curves -- Superelevation -- Freeways -- Multilane highways -- Two-lane highways -- Signalization warrants -- Intersections -- Design of highway pavements -- Engineering economics -- Probability and statistics -- Project scheduling -- Design loads during construction -- Scaffolding -- Formwork for concrete -- Excavations -- Erosion control -- Occupational safety.
- Civil engineers—Certification—United States—Study guides
- Civil engineering—Examinations—Study guides
- Structural analysis (Engineering)—Examinations—Study guides
- Reinforced concrete—Examinations—Study guides
- Concrete beams—Examinations—Study guides
- Strength of materials—Examinations—Study guides
- Soil mechanics—Examinations—Study guides
- Rock mechanics—Examinations—Study guides
- Roads—Design and construction—Examinations—Study guides
- Industrial safety—Law and legislation—United States
- Print version c2012.
"Covers all the material on the Principles and practice of civil engineering (PE Civil) exam"--Cover.
"Revised for compliance with the new PE Civil syllabus, new specifications, and the latest design standards"--Cover.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued in print.
View MARC record | catkey: 37107176