Casting masculinity in Spanish film [electronic resource] : negotiating identity in a consumer age / Mary Hartson
- Hartson, Mary
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: masculinity and consumerism in Spanish cinema -- Hegemonic masculinity under the dictatorship -- Breakdown of the hegemonic male model -- The new Spain: desire and commodification of the Spanish body -- Individualism, alienation and adaptation.
- "This book explores representations of masculinity in Spanish film from the early Franco dictatorship through the present. It describes the rise of consumerism in contemporary Spain and, through an analysis of over 60 films, and shows how the hegemonic masculine models presented reflect and promote particular social, political, and economic exigencies"--
- 9781498537124 (electronic)
9781498537117 (cloth : alk. paper)
1498537111 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37118122