From Biafra to the Niger Delta conflict [electronic resource] : memory, ethnicity, and the state in Nigeria / Edlyne Eze Anugwom
- Anugwom, Edlyne Eze, 1969-
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 237 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Theoretical insights and assumptions -- From memory to social memory: diversities of knowledge and practice -- The nature of the Nigerian state -- The state, ethnicity and social conflict -- Ethnicization of state power, resource distribution and self-determination struggles -- Social memory, ethnicity and conflict: the Biafra war and the Niger Delta oil conflict -- Social memory as breeding uniform patterns of remembrance and mobilization -- Ethnicity and memory hegemonies in Nigeria -- The state, memory and dealing with the past -- Conclusion.
- 9781498577984 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 219-231) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37121827