Jane Austen and masculinity [electronic resource] / edited by Michael Kramp
- Lewisburg : Bucknell University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 303 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kramp, Michael
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Austen and masculinity / by Michael Kramp -- Men, domesticity, and the family. Sketches of men's kvetches: domestic masculinities in Emma and Persuasion / by Jane Fergus -- Failures of the patriarchy: fathers as role models in Jane Austen / by Kit Kincade -- The paradox of masculine agency in Jane Austen's early works / by Joanne Wilkes -- Masculinity, honor, and feeling. "I could meet him in no other way": dueling, the culture of honor, and modern masculinity in Sense and sensibility / by Megan Woodworth -- The sensibility of Captain Benwick in literary and historical context / by Natasha Duquette -- "Till he began to stagger her": melancholia and literary men / by Enit K. Steiner -- Male sexualities and desires. Empire of the sensible: disciplining love and the 1990's Austen craze / by Carol Siegel and Bryce Campbell -- Austen's dandies: Frank Churchill and Henry Crawford play dress up / by Zachary Snider -- The men of Austen's afterlives. Waltzing with Wellington, biting with Byron: heroes in Austen's tribute texts / by Lisa Hopkins -- "What a man should be": (re-)imaginig Austenian masculinity in film and YouTube fanvids / by R.A. White -- Virginia Woolf & the gentlemen Janeites, or the origins of modern Austen criticism, 1870-1929 / by Jason Solinger -- Film music and masculinity. Performing to strangers: masculinity, adaptation, and music in Pride and prejudice / by Gayle Magee -- Austen, music, and manhood / by Linda Zionkowski and Miriam Hart.
- 9781611488661 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 273-286), filmographies and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37124352