The silence of the lambs [electronic resource] : critical essays on a cannibal, Clarice, and a nice Chianti / edited by Cynthia J. Miller
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Miller, Cynthia J., 1958-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Cynthia J. Miller -- Situating the silence. Adapting The silence of the lambs: the politics of gender, the limitations of genre / Carol Dole -- Chasing demons: The silence of the lambs as popular culture iconography / Bob Batchelor -- "Clarice, your case file": twenty-five years later, a forensic profile of the critical response to The silence of the lambs / Philip L. Simpson -- Hannibal Lecter, preying on the last man at the end of history: a critical historiography of The silence of the lambs / Robert A. Saunders -- The silence of the lambs and the evolution of the mystery-thriller film / A. Bowdoin Van Riper -- Dissecting evil. The evolution of evil: from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and Shadow of a doubt to Jonathan Demme's The silence of the lambs / Michael C. Reiff -- Forensic silence: identification, individualization, and the power of observation / Michelle D. Miranda -- Hannibal Lecter: the psychiatrist as cannibal / Andrew M. Gordon -- Misrepresenting the psychopathology of serial killers in The silence of the lambs / Rod Carveth -- Denial and dominance in the semantics of Buffalo Bill in The silence of the lambs / Mark Henderson -- Minds, hearts, and body parts. "Buffalo Bill" meets Madame Butterfly: war and orientalism in The silence of the lambs / Miri Nakamura -- The filleting of gender and sexuality in The silence of the lambs / Christina H. Hodel -- Tortured objects: patriarchy and eroticism in The silence of the lambs / Philip C. Dimare -- "A hustling rube with a little taste": serial killers and class in The silence of the lambs / Aalya Ahmad -- Oh, Hannibal you cannibal: humor as narrative device in The silence of the lambs / J. Dennis bounds.
- 9781442277861 (electronic)
9781442277854 (hardback : alk. paper)
1442277858 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37130477