Where song began [electronic resource] : Australia's birds and how they changed the world / Tim Low
- Low, Tim, 1956-
- Additional Titles:
- Australia's birds and how they changed the world
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2016.
- Yale edition.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 405 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface to the Yale edition -- Introduction -- Food worth defending -- Forests that exude energy -- The first song -- New Guinea : Australia's northern province -- Land of parrots -- The last of the forest giants -- Australia as a centre of origin -- The forest makers -- Of grass and fire -- Life in a liquid landscape -- A continent compared -- People and birds.
- 9780300221664 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
0300221665 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- Originally published: Melbourne, Vic. : Penguin Group (Australia), 2014. With new preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 362-377) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37133316