Kitāb al-mustalḥaq by Ibn Ǧanāḥ of Cordoba : a critical edition, with an English translation, based on all the known Judaeo-Arabic manuscripts / José Martínez Delgado [editor].
- Ibn Janāḥ, Abū al-Walīd Marwān, approximately 990-approximately 1050
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Martinez Delgado, José, 1974- and Ibn Janāḥ, Abū al-Walīd Marwān, approximately 990-approximately 1050
- "Kitāb al-mustalḥaq is an addendum to the treatises on Hebrew morphology by Ḥayyūǧ, the most classic of the Andalusi works written during the caliphate of Cordoba and the benchmark for studies of the Hebrew language throughout the Arabic-speaking world during the medieval period. Kitāb al-mustalḥaq was composed in Zaragoza by Ibn Ǧanāḥ after the civil war was unleashed in Cordoba in 1013. This new edition includes an historical introduction, taking account of the major contributions from the twentieth century to the present day, a description of the methodology and contents of this treatise, a description of the manuscripts, and a glossary of terminology. This new edition shows how Ibn Ǧanāḥ updated his book until the end of his life"--
- 9789004427518 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 37406901