Kiri's Coventry carols. In the bleak midwinter / music arranged by David Cullen ; [composed by Gustav Holst].
- Holst, Gustav, 1874-1934
- Uniform Title:
- In the bleak midwinter; arranged
- Additional Titles:
- Christmas with Kiri Te Kanawa and Kiri's Coventry carols
- Berlin : C Major Entertainment, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Cullen, David, 1942-, Lough, Robin, Frost, David, 1939-2013, Hunt, Chris, 1954-, George, Michael, Te Kanawa, Kiri, Stapleton, Robin, Lichfield Cathedral. Choir, Coventry Cathedral. Choir, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Iambic Productions, and NVC Arts (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Intro spoken in English; work sung in English.
- Coventry Cathedral is the magnificent setting for this concert, designed to trace the history of the Christmas carols from the dark ages up to the present day.
- Medium of Performance:
- soprano voice 1 bass-baritone voice 1 mixed chorus 1 orchestra 1 2 2
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from title screen (viewed February 23, 2022).
Written in 1905.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Set designer, Bob Willats ; lighting, Alan Woolford, Paul Devine ; director, Robin Lough ; written & produced by Chris Hunt ; an Iambic Co production with NVC Arts for Central Television.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, soprano ; Michael George, bass-baritone ; Choirs of the Coventry & Lichfield Cathedrals ; BBC Philharmonic ; Robin Stapleton, conductor ; narrator, Sir David Frost.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Coventry Cathedral 3 December 1994.
View MARC record | catkey: 37411020