How to cheat at configuring Exchange server 2007 : including Outlook web, mobile, and voice access / Henrik Walther
- Walther, Henrik
- Additional Titles:
- Configuring Exchange server 2007
- Rockland, MA : Syngress, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 592 pages) : illustrations
- Introduction to Virtualization Terms and Concepts -- Loading Virtual Server 2005 -- Configuring a Virtual Machine -- Advanced Configurations including Clustering -- Physical to Virtual Migrations -- Server Consolidation -- Cool Tools for a Virtual Infrastructure -- Administering a Virtual Infrastructure -- Gotchas/Common Problems and Solutions -- Virtual Server Under the Covers -- Virtual Evolution and the Road Ahead -- Backups Made Simple.
- The Perfect Reference for the Multitasked System Administrators The new version of Exchange is an ambitious overhaul that tries to balance the growing needs for performance, cost effectiveness, and security. For the average system administrator, it will present a difficult migration path from earlier versions and a vexing number of new features. How to Cheat will help you get Exchange Server 2007 up and running as quickly and safely as possible. Understand Exchange 2007 Prerequisites Review hardware and software requirements, Active Directory requirements, and more. Manage Recipient Filtering Create a custom MMC that contains the Exchange 2007 Recipients work center, which can be used, for example, by the helpdesk staff in your organization. Manage Outlook Anywhere Outlook Anywhere makes it possible for your end users to remotely access their mailboxes from the Internet using their full Outlook clients. Manage Outlook Web Access 2007 See how Outlook Web Access 2007 was completely rewritten in managed code to make it scale even better. Use the Exchange 2007 Queue Viewer You can now view information about queues and examine the messages held within them. Master Powerful Out-of-the-Box Spam Protection The Edge Transport server supports SMTP, provides several antispam filtering agents, and supports antivirus extensibility. Manage a Single-Copy Cluster-Based Setup SCC-based cluster provides service failover and still has a single point of failure when it comes to the databases. Recover Mailbox Databases Use the improved database portability feature to port and recover a Mailbox database to any server in the Exchange 2007 organization. * Essential information for the multi-tasked System Administrator charged perform everyday tasks * Includes the latest coverage of the major new release of Exchange Server * Emphasizes best-practice security measures for all areas and in particular the area of remote access via Outlook.
9780080554204 (electronic bk.)
0080554202 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37414204