The new rules of marketing and PR : how to use news releases, blogs, podcasting, viral marketing & online media to reach buyers directly / by David Meerman Scott
- Scott, David Meerman
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvii, 275 pages)
- I. How the web has changed the rules of marketing and PR -- 1. The old rules of marketing and PR are ineffective in an online world -- 2. The new rules of marketing and PR -- 3. Reaching your buyers directly -- II. Web-based communications to reach buyers directly -- 4. Blogs : tapping millions of evangelists to tell your story -- 5. The new rules of news releases -- 6. Audio content delivery through podcasting -- 7. Forums, wikis, and your targeted audience -- 8. Going viral : the web helps audiences catch the fever -- 9. The content-rich web site -- III. Action plan for harnessing the power of the new rules -- 10. You are what you publish : building your marketing and PR plan -- 11. Online thought leadership to brand your organization as a trusted resource -- 12. How to write for your buyers -- 13. How web content influences the buying process -- 14. How to use news releases to reach buyers directly -- 15. The online media room : your front door for much more than the media -- 16. The new rules for reaching the media -- 17. Blogging to reach your buyers -- 18. Podcasting and video made, well, as easy as possible -- 19. Social networking sites and marketing -- 20. Search engine marketing -- 21. Make it happen.
- "The New Rules of Marketing and PR shows you how to leverage the potential that Web-based communication offers large and small companies, nonprofits, entrepreneurs, political organizations, consultants, even rock bands and churches. Finally, you can speak directly to customers and buyers, establishing a personal link with those who make your business work. You can reach niche buyers with targeted messages that cost a fraction of your big-budget advertising campaign. Rather than bombard them with advertising they'll likely ignore, you can focus on getting the right message to the right people at the right time."--Jacket
- 9780470166857 (electronic bk.)
0470166851 (electronic bk.)
9781281221445 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37414832