Communicating across cultures / Don W. Prince and Michael H. Hoppe
- Prince, Don W.
- Greensboro, N.C. : Center for Creative Leadership, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Hoppe, Michael H. and Center for Creative Leadership
- When Being Yourself Isn't Enough -- Anticipate and Adapt to Cultural Differences -- Listen and Watch for Cultural Differences -- Speaking and Writing Across Cultures -- What's in a Name -- Using Humor Appropriately -- Communicate Respect for Other Cultures -- Expanding Horizons -- Suggested Readings -- Background -- Key Point Summary -- Lead Contributors.
- If you are a manager anywhere in the world, you are almost certainly dealing with people of nationalities and cultures different from your own. In multinational business environments, communicating effectively with people who have languages, customs, and expectations different from yours is a necessary skill. If you are a manager anywhere in the world, you are almost certainly facing this kind of multicultural situation. This guidebook explains how to become aware of cultural differences, how to recognize when cultural differences pose a leadership challenge, and how to adapt your communicatio.
- 1882197593 (electronic bk.)
9781882197590 (electronic bk.)
9781932973068 (electronic bk.)
1932973060 (electronic bk.)
- "CCL no. 406."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 37415057