Java network programming / Elliotte Rusty Harold
- Harold, Elliotte Rusty
- Beijing ; Sebastopol, Calif. : O'Reilly, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 735 pages) : illustrations
- Language Note:
- Table of Contents; Preface; About the Third Edition; Organization of the Book; Who You Are; Java Versions; About the Examples; Conventions Used in This Book; Request for Comments; Comments and Questions; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1. Why Networked Java?; What Can a Network Program Do?; Retrieve Data; Send Data; File storage; Massively parallel computing; Peer-to-Peer Interaction; Games; Chat; File sharing; Servers; Searching the Web; Electronic Commerce; Ubiquitous Computing; Interactive Television; Security; But Wait! There's More!; Chapter 2. Basic Network Concepts; Networks., The Layers of a NetworkThe Host-to-Network Layer; The Internet Layer; The Transport Layer; The Application Layer; IP, TCP, and UDP; IP Addresses and Domain Names; Ports; The Internet; Internet Address Classes; Network Address Translation; Firewalls; Proxy Servers; The Client/Server Model; Internet Standards; IETF RFCs; W3C Recommendations; Chapter 3. Basic Web Concepts; URIs; URNs; URLs; Relative URLs; HTML, SGML, and XML; HTTP; MIME Media Types; Server-Side Programs; Chapter 4. Streams; Output Streams; Input Streams; Marking and Resetting; Filter Streams; Chaining Filters Together., Buffered StreamsPrintStream; PushbackInputStream; Data Streams; Compressing Streams; Digest Streams; Encrypting Streams; Readers and Writers; Writers; OutputStreamWriter; Readers; Filter Readers and Writers; Buffered readers and writers; LineNumberReader; PushbackReader; PrintWriter; Chapter 5. Threads; Running Threads; Subclassing Thread; Implementing the Runnable Interface; Returning Information from a Thread; Race Conditions; Polling; Callbacks; Synchronization; Synchronized Blocks; Synchronized Methods; Alternatives to Synchronization; Deadlock; Thread Scheduling; Priorities; Preemption., BlockingYielding; Sleeping; Joining threads; Waiting on an object; Priority-based preemption; Finish; Thread Pools; Chapter 6. Looking Up Internet Addresses; The InetAddress Class; Creating New InetAddress Objects; public static InetAddress getByName(String hostName) throws UnknownHostException; public static InetAddress getAllByName(String hostName) throws UnknownHostException; public static InetAddress getByAddress(byte address) throws UnknownHostException // Java 1.4 p ... ; public static InetAddress getLocalHost() throws UnknownHostException; Security Issues; Getter Methods., and Public String getHostName()public String getHostAddress(); public byte getAddress(); Address Types; public boolean isAnyLocalAddress(); public boolean isLoopbackAddress(); public boolean isLinkLocalAddress(); public boolean isSiteLocalAddress(); public boolean isMulticastAddress(); public boolean isMCGlobal(); public boolean isMCOrgLocal(); public boolean isMCSiteLocal(); public boolean isMCLinkLocal(); public boolean isMCNodeLocal(); Testing Reachability // Java 1.5; Object Methods; public boolean equals(Object o); public int hashCode(); public String toString().
- The new third edition of this highly regarded introduction to Java networking programming has been thoroughly revised to cover all of the 100+ significant updates to Java Developers Kit (JDK) 1.5. It is a clear, complete introduction to developing network programs (both applets and applications) using Java, covering everything from networking fundamentals to remote method invocation (RMI). Java Network Programming, 3rd Edition includes chapters on TCP and UDP sockets, multicasting protocol and content handlers, servlets, multithreaded network programming, I/O, HTML parsing and display, the Jav.
- Computer networks—Programming
- Java (Computer program language)
- COMPUTERS—Programming Languages—VBScript
- Interfaces de programmation d'applications—Guides, manuels, etc
- Programmation Internet—Guides, manuels, etc
- Java (Langage de programmation)—Guides, manuels, etc
- 9780596520946 (electronic bk.)
0596520948 (electronic bk.)
9780596552589 (electronic bk.)
0596552580 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Includes index.
Previous edition: Beijing; Sebastopol, Calif.: O'Reilly, 2000.
- Action Note:
- cat 20050128 psg
View MARC record | catkey: 37415343