Building expertise : cognitive methods for training and performance improvement / Ruth Colvin Clark
- Clark, Ruth Colvin
- San Francisco : Pfeiffer, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 495 pages) : illustrations
- Language Note:
- Building Expertise: Cognitive Methods for Training and Performance Improvement, Third Edition; CONTENTS; Introduction to the Third Edition; Purpose; Audience; Package Components; Glossary; Part I: Foundations of Building Expertise; Chapter 1: Expertise in the Global Economy; Chapter 2: Four Ingredients of Instruction; Chapter 3: No Yellow Brick Road; Chapter 4: The Psychology of Building Expertise; Part II: Basic Learning Events Proven to Build Expertise; Chapter 5: How Working Memory Works; Chapter 6: Managing Cognitive Load; Chapter 7: Managing Attention.
- This third edition of the classic resource, Building Expertise draws on the most recent evidence on how to build innovative forms of expertise and translates that evidence into guidelines for instructional designers, course developers and facilitators, technical communicators, and other human performance professionals. Ruth Colvin Clark summarizes psychological theories concerning ways instructional methods support human learning processes. Filled with updated research and new illustrative examples, this new edition offers trainers evidence-based guidelines to help them accelerate genuine expe.
- 9780470378526 (electronic bk.)
0470378522 (electronic bk.)
9780470437650 (electronic bk.)
0470437650 (electronic bk.)
6611766766 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- "An essential knowledge resource"--Page 4 of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 405-429) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 37415644