Managing talent retention : an ROI approach / Jack J. Phillips, Lisa Edwards
- Phillips, Jack J., 1945-
- San Francisco : Pfeiffer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 403 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Edwards, Lisa, 1963-
- Language Note:
- Talent management: the key to organizational success -- Why talent retention is a serious problem -- An ROI approach to managing retention -- Measure and monitor turnover and retention data -- Develop fully loaded costs of talent departure -- Diagnose cause of talent departure -- Recruit talent -- Establish an appropriate work environment -- Create equitable pay and performance process -- Build motivation and commitment -- Match solutions to needs -- Forecast ROI of retention solutions -- Calculate ROI of retention solutions -- Make adjustments and continue -- Case study: a master's degree for high-potential employees: Federal Information Agency -- Case study: skill-based pay: Southeast Corridor Bank (SCB) -- Coaching for new employees: Global Media Company.
- Retention is becoming one of the most pressing concerns of employers worldwide. This book provides an overview of talent retention and defines retention and turnover in very specific measures. It explores the full impact of talent departure and most important it offers proven solutions to talent retention. The book clearly shows how to forecast the ROI of talent retention solutions and how to capture the actual ROI after the solution was implemented. This is a practical book providing an ROI approach to HR managers and practitioners.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780470407929 (electronic bk.)
0470407921 (electronic bk.)
- "An Essential Knowledge Resource"--Page 4 of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 37416293